Blogger Makes Changes I don't like

Grrhh! Don't you get annoyed when the internet suddenly goes funny and there are BIG changes to how things look and work?!!*

Well, this is what's happening around here. For some reason, blogger has been doing funny things or it has just been personally mucking around. Anyway, my blogger url has an added "au" at the end for no apparent reason, the tool link to one's own blog has disappeared along with the edit pencil at the end of each post, and worst of all, the "follow" gadget isn't working! (P.S. the same thing goes with Sarah's blog and it seems it is a thing happening with other blogs too). And I personally don't like it! I hope this will soon be resolved, but until then, to any of my newer viewers who happen to want to follow my blog, I apologize for the problem.... but there is still a way to follow my blog, just go to the top of this page at the header, you'll notice on the left side corner of the navbar (a transparent label that pops-up)  a hyperlink to follow my blog. It isn't any harder, so I hope that won't deter you from following if you want to! And that's about it for now... I really hope blogger fixes this thing up, but until then, let us not get too annoyed =D.

P.S. since writing this post, everything has come back to normal! Still, if you do encounter any problems... don't hesitate to follow the advice of this post *smiling happily in relief*. And now, I'm off to my violin practice! 

Comments

  1. Yes, Joy. It certainly is very annoying! I hope that fixes soon!

    Cheers;)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...everything looks the same here! No 'au' following your url and the followers gadget shows up just fine. I wonder why?

    Love in Christ,
    Emily Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm! That's funny... I'm glad my blog is appearing normal where you are though :). I have a feeling it is a change Google has done in Australia. Thanks for telling me how you see it, Emily! It is a relief that it still works at least in America.

    In Christ,
    ~Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Sarah, yes it is annoying, but at least the blog appears :). And it is a relief to think that in America at least they can see it normal... I hope Google Australia fixes this!

    In His love,
    ~Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Joy - yes just been on another blog and had the same problems too so still mucking up - have joined it before but not showing up - not to worry guess we must remember computer are made by humans and they are therefore liable to be prone to errors - how mad are we at ourselves when we do something wrong! love Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Shaz,

    I think Google Australia was trying out something :), as a trial and it effected blogger. Thankfully everything is back to normal. It is always good to remember that real people are behind the internet and they can make mistakes and errors just like us!

    Anyway, thanks for your comment, and things are back to normal now :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joy, I can clear this much up, the au at the end of your url stands for Australia. It means that your blog is on an Australian server, not an American server. For instance, when I want to got to RHA's website, I have to type in www.randomhouse.com.au because without the au it would take me to the one in the uk. (or is it america? haha ^^)
    Hope that helps! Also, google is always changing stuff, and usually for the better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jessica,

    Thanks, yes I know that au stands for Australian server, it was just funny because before that it wasn't so, so all the links and stuff were a different url, and even on American blogs that "au" came up. But anyway, Google fixed it up now :). I appreciate your help, and I love to read your comments.

    Love in Christ,
    ~Joy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

"Gracious words are like a honeycomb; sweetness to the soul and health to the body..." ~Proverbs 16:24