Keep Trusting God - He's Got a Plan! [Guest Post]

via Pinterest
Hello Everyone,
My name is Sarah Mehlert, and I am one of Joy's friends from Coffs Harbour.  My family came over from Germany when I was 2 years old, as they followed God's call.  I love Australia as our home now, and am very glad we live here instead of Germany.  When I was 15 I finally gave my life to the Lord, after growing up all my life in a Christian family.  Now, being baptized and having received His Holy Spirit, I have great joy in this new life.  After I got saved, I joined the Australian Navy Cadets where I have been able to share with many fellow teenagers I meet about the Lord.  I really enjoy being used of the Lord there, and also learning valuable skills as a current leader.  Recently I finished year 12, and have applied at university to study law and arts at university.  I'm trusting in the Lord to lead me and supply my needs in this new stage of life.

I was thinking of what to share on this guest post, and I thought of a subject that is very close to me at this time in my life--God has a plan for your life.  Often when we get so busy with working in the present, and worrying about the future we forget this truth.  But we must always remember that God is very involved in the lives of His children.  He needs each one of us for a special purpose, and He will make things come to pass so that we fulfill that plan.  Especially now, I need to learn to trust in this.  When applying for jobs and university, I wonder whether I'll get accepted or not, but I mustn't forget that God is in control and He sees everything.  He is able to intervene to accomplish His plan.  Also, in the past I have experienced how God guided me to what He wanted to do, and provided the opportunity to do so.  He is just the same today, and able to do so again.  We, as Christians, are no ordinary people left in the hands of coincidence, but we are special and therefore our lives are in the Lord's hands to direct and care for.  So don't lose hope: keep trusting in God and waiting on Him.  In a little while we may be able to look back and see how God was in control the whole time.

Here's a poem that I find very encouraging as I work towards my goals, while also waiting on the Lord.  I hope you are encouraged by it too.

 "Don't Quit"
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.
-Author Unknown-

Comments

  1. Hi I am so glad I found your webpage, I really found you by mistake, while I was searching on Aol for something else, Nonetheless I am here
    now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a incredible post and a
    all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read it all at the moment but I have
    saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.


    Here is my website :: more followers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

"Gracious words are like a honeycomb; sweetness to the soul and health to the body..." ~Proverbs 16:24